Skip to main content

I fell in love.......again!!!

      I was out in the evening, walking Chikoo, when my eyes fell on him. And, my heart skipped a beat...several beats, in fact!  He stood there, in all his splendid glory. So handsome, so good looking!! He was surrounded by a bevy of girls. All giggling and vying for his attention. And he... he seemed smug in the knowledge that he was the centre of their attention.
     His eyes were what caught my eyes first. Brown...with a touch of gold from the setting sun. And naughty....playfully naughty...as if teasing me.  The moment he looked at me, my breath got caught in my throat.  The world started to spin! And  his face...his face seemed to be chiselled by God in his free time! So perfect...so attractive. Oh no! What was happening to me? I really was losing my mind! Why was destiny playing such cruel games with me...at this age? I already had my first love with me...how could I even think about anybody else?
     I really had to leave that place right then, but unknowingly, I was only getting pulled in his  direction. I had to be near him, see him, touch him, get his attention all to myself! God, what an idiot I must have looked then! I cringe in the memory of that moment. What would my love feel if he saw me like that...with some one else?!
    I decided to throw caution to the wind and moved determinedly towards the object of my affection. Let people think what they want, I wouldn't care. To hell with the saying about a  bird in hand being worth two in the bush! I would do what I felt, what gave me happiness. I inched towards him, made my way through the crowd of the girls still swooning over him. And before someone could take him away, I thrust my arms forward and took him in my arms! Oh! How wonderful it felt!
    I was in seventh heaven! He felt so soft to touch! And the moment I had him in my arms, he started kissing me! Oh!! I couldn't believe it! He too felt the same way I did! This was unbelievable! He wriggled in my arms but wouldn't leave. His soft, white, furry coat was muddy and dirty, but absolutely beautiful! He had a black, cold nose that sniffed me...trying to learn more about me. And his tiny tail...it wagged on and on! I just didn't have the heart to leave him there on the road, but, my Chikoo would never tolerate sharing me with anybody in this world! Oh! But, what a cute puppy he was!
     Yes, he was a stray puppy I saw on the footpath. Why? What did you all think? You dirty, rotten minds!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On love and attachments.

Learning to live without the person whom we loved more than our life is one of the toughest things we humans experience during our life.
Almost every moment of our day we spend in their shadows, enveloped in their love; we don't even realise when they became an extension of our selves. We come to accept them along with their flaws, their peculiarities, which often have the potential to drain us of our patience. Yet, we love them, unconditionally, at times wondering how we survived before they entered our world. Often, we also wonder how we will ever survive after they leave our world.

The human mind is such.  Its ability to give birth to a thought and then mull over it however unpleasant it may be, is quite baffling! We realise we stand to lose our sanity if we don't get rid of that negative thought; we understand how important it is to live in the moment and enjoy it with the loved ones we fear losing someday, yet we keep worrying ourselves to death about what would happen t…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

MOM - Film Review.

Starring: Sridevi, Akshaye Khanna, Nawazuddin Siddiqui.

Director: Ravi Udyawar

Music: A.R. Rahman.

Rating: 4/5


Because God couldn't be everywhere, He created Mother. A line from the movie, it could very well sum up the movie for you. Sridevi couldn't have chosen a better subject for her 300th film. I haven't been a diehard Sridevi fan, but her last film, English Vinglish, changed my opinion of her and that's the reason I simply wanted to see MOM, right on the day it released.

MOM is emotional; MOM is electrifying; MOM is hard-hitting; MOM is riveting, right till the end.  In short, MOM is Sridevi. This could very well be the review in a nutshell, but there's more I would love to talk about.

Devki Sabarwal (Sridevi) is a school teacher, the kind one can never mess with, whoever you may be. However, at home, she struggles to bond with her 18 year old step-daughter, Arya (Sajal Ali). The quiet acceptance and the sensitivity with which she accepts the cold vibes she r…