Skip to main content

My friends.....my treasure.

   My friends......these are my favourite people, so a blog on these fav people had to be written! Some may feel that the topics that I choose for my blogs do not seem serious, but, hey....this is MY blog and I can write whatever I want in my blog! This is the only place where I can say whatever I want to say, without being diplomatic. And that is such a relief!
   So, then, we all know what value our friends hold in our life. For me, my friends are my most valuable treasure which, I pray to God, stays with me till the end of time! Do I sound very sentimental? I actually am, as far as these following people are concerned.  Some of them have been with me since my childhood and some of them, I met pretty recently, last year to be precise, and they all are now an important part of my life!
   Now, let me start with my childhood friend, my soul mate. We both have grown up  together. In fact, without her I wonder how I would have survived my adolescence. She knows me as well as the back of her palm and catches me red handed whenever I hide some thing from her! Sweetie, what would I do without you? The way I can speak to you, without editing anything, is really mind-blowing! Just one request, grow old along with me, the way you have all these years!
   Then, there is this other soul mate who I have known since many years now.  She is my 3.00 am friend. I just have to think about her, and I receive her call! What telepathy! Whenever I am down in the dumps, I simply have to call her and go waaahhh into the phone. I can cry for hours together and I only feel her warm and comforting hug from the other end! I can talk about anything with her....absolutely anything under the sun, without feeling ashamed or embarrassed. Bubbly, you are an important part of my life.....and will always be so.
    There are two other girls who are my very dear friends.....one of them is an 'entertainment channel' from whom I can assure myself endless laughter.  Her incessant chatter drives away my blues and I feel renewed instantly! The other one is Giggly.....who was a very dear friend in school, but who drifted away along with time. Now, thankfully, she is back where she belonged...in my heart! Thanks girls, for the laughter....for being there for me when I have needed you!
   Now, there is this BIG BROTHER of a friend whom I met pretty recently. He is the one who has been instrumental in me making my blogs public and that too when my writing as well as my self esteem had a lot of scope for improvement! His words, " Go ahead, Shilpa, I am with you", golden words that gave me the strength to share my thoughts with the public. His motto in life, "You are the best and f*** the rest", will always stay with me...encouraging me to be myself, and well, do my best! :-)
The other person who has an equally important role to play in my writing is my TOOFANI!! She is the one who goaded me to bring the writer in me to the fore and just go ahead with it! Thank you, both of you dearies, for helping me come out of the closet! :-)
     In life, there are times when we need a sounding board....some one to drill sense into our heads and this is where people like this particular one come into the scene. His straightforward attitude of  voicing his opinions truthfully have had quite an effect on my way of thinking. Buddy, I know you do not like the words SORRY and THANK YOU, but, sorry for being an idiot and thank you for your patience. Your counselling sessions are sure having an effect, but you have a long way to go, considering all the dust settles 'up there' from all these years! There is also this gentleman of a friend who has a special place in my heart. We were very close friends long back, but then, time and life somehow took us our separate ways...a fact I deeply regretted back then. But, thankfully, now he is back into my life and I am so grateful!
    At the end, I feel blessed to have you all in my life.....you are truly a treasure, much more precious that the real stones!  I always look forward to our conversations which leave me feeling invigorated! I hope and pray that you always stay where you are....in my heart...till the end of time! Thank you for the glitter and sparkle that you have added to my life! I really love you all from the bottom of my heart! God bless you all,my dearies!


I have not named my friends here, but, I am sure that they all will be able to recognise themselves instantly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The motherhood challenge.

            A  few days ago, a dear friend of mine wrote a touching post disapproving the 'motherhood challenge' that has been going viral on Facebook. Motherhood challenge is all about women posting pictures with their children and tagging other women, who according to them, are 'awesome mothers'. But, my friend felt that by adding the words challenge and dare,  they were drawing a divide between themselves and others who weren't blessed enough.  I was touched by her views that defended women who might feel marginalised by such a challenge, although that might not be the motive behind it at all.
          Wonder how many women would feel the way my friend did! How many of the 'blessed ones' try and understand that behind such decisions might lie a reason, a helplessness that gives a woman endless pain? We haven't chosen to stay childless because of a lack of fondness for children. There were reasons and circumstances that stood in the way of us holdin…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

How I wish I could turn back the clock!

"Youth comes but once in a life time!"
               ___H.W.Longfellow.



             Traversing through  life, how often do we look back wistfully at our past and wish we could go back, wish we could live it all over again, just one more time?   Each time we witness the young around us enjoying life, enjoying their freedom and pursuing dreams with an enviable vigour, how we wish we could swap places! Sigh.

             A few days ago, I happened to have a chat with a 23 year old cousin. Excited about her future and the plans she had chalked out for herself, she had quite a lot to share with me. The sparkle in her eyes and the enthusiasm in her voice spoke a lot about how eager she was to embark upon the path she had chosen! Her enthusiasm was, indeed, contagious, for it left me yearning to turn the clock back and re-enter that age I left behind almost 2 decades ago.

          Were I to find Aladdin's lamp, I would ask the Genie to transport me back to the past I so wish…