Skip to main content

An appeal to our benefactor.

Salutations, Your Highness!

            I hope my letter finds you in the best of your brightness! I am sure it will...you ARE at your brightest these days! Dear God, it has been a while since I wrote to you. A few months ago I did send you a request letter praying for an increase in your intensity during the winter to keep us warm. Remember? Yes, that was me, back then. And here I am, all over again, with a new prayer. Yes, we humans are such...never satisfied with anything in life.
          Actually, if I could, I surely would have come over personally with my problems. But, I would never be able to withstand the sheer magnitude of your personality, my Lord! I would stand to turn 10 shades ( or more ) darker, which is unthinkable! It is the age of the fair and the lovely and 'dark' is not considered a beauty here. Anyway, without further ado ( or anymore of that shallow talk ), let me get down to business. Oops! Forgive the attitude, Lord! What I meant was, let me get down to the matter that needs your kind and immediate attention.
         God, I know that change is the rule of this world. Just like everything else around us, seasons must also change. The cool and pleasant winters will always be followed by the blazing hot summers. But, God, dear dear God, do you have any idea how hot it is these days? Actually, that would be an understatement. It's an oven out there! Do you know what an oven is? It's a machine that turns dough into cake! So, you can imagine what we must be going through. We mere mortals are getting baked! Baked and roasted!!
       The scorching heat seems to be sucking the life out of us! The parched earth has lost it's life -giving power. And we, her dependents, are being left high and dry! At the risk of sounding shallow again.....some of us humans have it in our capacity to live in the comforts of our air-conditioned homes and drink refrigerated water, but, what about those who can't afford such luxury? And, what about the other living creatures surviving out there? They are all at your mercy, and here you are...flaming mercilessly...stifling the poor souls with your intense warmth! Did I come down a bit too harshly? See, that is all the result of the searing  heat that is emanating from you, God.  Yes, one of the 'heat-reactions'. I really can't help it...even if I want to, I can't be all sweet and polite after all that you have been doing lately. A thousand apologies for the irreverence, but try as I might, I am unable to keep my cool!
        But, stay cool..I must. And, I will. God, please try to understand our plight. Life on earth is tough and you have been making it tougher. A wee bit of consideration on your part will surely make things a lot simpler. We would like it if you make life a walk in the park...not a drift in the desert. And I don't think it is difficult for you...you are the most powerful entity in heaven! Just a little reduction in your intensity during these few months is all we are asking for.
     Anyway, I guess I better bring my letter to a conclusion here. God, it is our humble request to you to bring down the heat a few- if not more- degrees below melting point. Kindly have mercy and reclaim your position of a life giver as opposed to the life taker that you have been all these days. We will be ever so grateful to you for the kindness shown in this time of need.
    In short...and on a lighter note....
                      OYE...SUNNY PAAJI ,OYE!! JUST TAKE A CHILL PILL!!
                           AND PLEASE GIVE US A BREAK, JI!!

     Yours, with respect...
       a poor earthling.                                                                                                    
        This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Comments

  1. So polite! I'm sure Sunny Paaji would reconsider. :D

    Definitely tickled the funny bone there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny Paaji ...must have enjoyed reading your letters , just like I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feelings are great of Sunny Paaji.
    How are you feeling today!!!
    anyway today is very special day, Today ( in 1857,10th May) is the day when the great Mutiny of 1857 started
    Just read in http://edumains.blogspot.com/2014/05/current-affairs-may-2014.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On love and attachments.

Learning to live without the person whom we loved more than our life is one of the toughest things we humans experience during our life.
Almost every moment of our day we spend in their shadows, enveloped in their love; we don't even realise when they became an extension of our selves. We come to accept them along with their flaws, their peculiarities, which often have the potential to drain us of our patience. Yet, we love them, unconditionally, at times wondering how we survived before they entered our world. Often, we also wonder how we will ever survive after they leave our world.

The human mind is such.  Its ability to give birth to a thought and then mull over it however unpleasant it may be, is quite baffling! We realise we stand to lose our sanity if we don't get rid of that negative thought; we understand how important it is to live in the moment and enjoy it with the loved ones we fear losing someday, yet we keep worrying ourselves to death about what would happen t…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

How I wish I could turn back the clock!

"Youth comes but once in a life time!"
               ___H.W.Longfellow.



             Traversing through  life, how often do we look back wistfully at our past and wish we could go back, wish we could live it all over again, just one more time?   Each time we witness the young around us enjoying life, enjoying their freedom and pursuing dreams with an enviable vigour, how we wish we could swap places! Sigh.

             A few days ago, I happened to have a chat with a 23 year old cousin. Excited about her future and the plans she had chalked out for herself, she had quite a lot to share with me. The sparkle in her eyes and the enthusiasm in her voice spoke a lot about how eager she was to embark upon the path she had chosen! Her enthusiasm was, indeed, contagious, for it left me yearning to turn the clock back and re-enter that age I left behind almost 2 decades ago.

          Were I to find Aladdin's lamp, I would ask the Genie to transport me back to the past I so wish…