Skip to main content

And, the Liebster Award goes to...........me!!!

      All my life, I always dreamt of winning an award...I failed to win any..up until now! Just a couple of days back, a prolific blog writer, Pawan Hegde of  Storykaar  sent me a message that he has offered me this award because he admired my work and  felt that I had the potential and he could see me improving my writing along with time. Few months ago, when I started writing...seriously writing, I  never imagined somebody finding my writing worthy enough of an award! So, today, as I write this post, I feel happy and proud of myself because I have finally realised a dream...a feat I have not achieved before.
     Did that sound too pompous? Hope not. Writing was really a dream and being awarded by someone who himself is such a terrific writer, I feel on top of the world! So, I would like to thank Pawan for being gracious enough for 'seeing' that potential in me and offering me this incentive to better myself. Pawan, I won't let you down.
   Bear with me for a little while  because I also would like to thank a couple of friends whose encouragement and morale boosting helped me in making my writing public. And, last but not the least, I would like to thank my husband who was large hearted enough to accept my decision to be a stay-at-home mom and allow me to pursue my dreams! I always wanted to give an acceptance speech on winning an award.....so, that's quite a few dreams come true!


The Liebster Award Official Rules:

    If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
  2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
  3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
  4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
  5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
  6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
  7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
  8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!

Now, let me get down to answering the questions asked by Pawan...and he has been kind enough to list 10 instead of the usual 11 queries, so, Pawan, thank you once again!

1. Why do you write?
I have always enjoyed writing and this was the best thing I could do to express my innermost feelings.

2. Do you have a procedure that you follow when you write a story or a poem?
No, I don't have any procedure as such. I just write  what comes to my mind. I just let the ideas flow over onto my paper. It is more like a conversation I have with myself.

3. Do you enjoy reading? If yes, what do you like to read? Poems? Fiction? Comic books? History of medieval European blacksmiths?
Yes, I LOVE to read and fiction is my favourite!

4. If you were a character in a book, how would you describe your appearance?
At the risk of sounding narcissist, I would describe myself as I am in real life. I love what I see when I look into the mirror. My Maker has created me perfectly!

5. How do you think people view you?
Quiet, minding my own business, speaking only when necessary and very diplomatic!

6. If your life were a movie, which would it be? And  why?
Marley and Me.
I have a pet dog who has driven me nuts many a times. And, just like Marley's parent, I write, and most of my writings/thoughts revolve around my pet!

7. What do you see yourself doing 3 years from now?
Publishing a collection of short stories or a  novel.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Well, to be frank, I would like to be more assertive.

9. Can you change the above mentioned thing about you? Have you tried?
No, I can not change myself. I would definitely like to try.

10. Which is your favourite language? Why?
English is my favourite language as it helps me express myself very well.

11 random facts about myself;

1. I am a dreamer, which is actually what helps me in my story writing.

2. I used to enjoy writing the essays during my English paper exams in college and would finish answering the other questions faster so as to have ample time to think and  write the essays! And I would really get carried away while writing those!

3. As much as I like being with my friends, I enjoy my own company very much.

4. After reading a particularly interesting book, I continue living in 'that' world for a few days before coming back to real life.

5. I have never had to think this much while writing a blog as much as I have to think while writing 11 random facts about myself!

6. After submitting my first serious short story for WoW, I fervently prayed to God that my post gets a mention!

7. Every Tuesday, when the WoW post mentions are declared, I check for my URL as I did while looking for my HSC results!

8. I imagine people's reactions on reading my posts....laughter, tears, frowns.....and I would so like to know if I am right!

9. Being a techno-challanged person, I have landed myself in a soup because of my lack of knowledge of simple things pertaining to 'computers'! There....I still sound like one!

10. Contrary to my 'funny' posts, I am considered a very serious person.

11. This being a very lengthy post, I am wondering whether to post it on FB. Will my friends wonder why I am going on and on about myself? Duh! They won't. They will first read the Liebster Award rules, so, they will know!!

Aah! That was the first time I spoke so much about myself! I must say, it felt like I met myself after a very long time!

Now, as the rules say, I would like to offer the  Liebster Award to the following bloggers;

1. Pawan Hegde
2.Swathi Shenoy
3.Shanmuga Priya Raj Kumar
4.Anmol Rawat
5. Anupam Joseph

And now my list of questions for all you 'winners'...

1.When and how did the writing bug bite you?

2.What do you enjoy writing...fiction or non-fiction?

3.How would you describe yourself in one word?

4.Do you enjoy reading a book or watching a movie based on that book?

5.Who is your role model?

6.What is that one quality of your role model that you would like to emulate and why?

7.After reading WoW posts by other bloggers have you ever thought that you are way better than them?

8.And, on not getting a mention, have you felt a tinge of jealousy?

9.How would you rate your writing on a scale of 1 to 10?

10.Which famous writer would you like to rub shoulders with?

Friends, please answer the above questions as truthfully as you can! I had fun framing the queries, I hope you have fun answering them! Heartiest congratulations on winning the Liebster Award to all of you. You all very well deserve it....again and again. I have read your blogs, but I may not have communicated with you regarding your blogs....forgive me for being lazy.  But, the bottom line is that you all are simply wonderful writers and your blogs are thoroughly entertaining! So, keep writing and spreading cheer!



Comments

  1. Congratulations, shilpa.. and thanks a lot for the kind and generous words.. While there are many women who excel in their profession as well as shine as successful moms, what iam doing is just a bit..i hope to do it better.. thanks again and will do the question part, soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shilpa and thanks a lot :) I feel honoured to be receiving it :) I loved how you answered the questions and stated facts about yourself with honesty :) will write a post answering all your questions in july as am running a bit busy now! Thanks a lot again :)
    N all the best for your novel or short story collection ;-) looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! You truly deserved it. I feel so privileged that you chose me to pass on the award. It means a lot to me.
    Best of luck for your future hope to see your work published soon....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, girls!! Looking forward to reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi shilpa. I have answered all your questions. Please visit
    http://duskyisbeautiful.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-liebster-award.html

    have a good day!! and thanks again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The motherhood challenge.

            A  few days ago, a dear friend of mine wrote a touching post disapproving the 'motherhood challenge' that has been going viral on Facebook. Motherhood challenge is all about women posting pictures with their children and tagging other women, who according to them, are 'awesome mothers'. But, my friend felt that by adding the words challenge and dare,  they were drawing a divide between themselves and others who weren't blessed enough.  I was touched by her views that defended women who might feel marginalised by such a challenge, although that might not be the motive behind it at all.
          Wonder how many women would feel the way my friend did! How many of the 'blessed ones' try and understand that behind such decisions might lie a reason, a helplessness that gives a woman endless pain? We haven't chosen to stay childless because of a lack of fondness for children. There were reasons and circumstances that stood in the way of us holdin…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

How I wish I could turn back the clock!

"Youth comes but once in a life time!"
               ___H.W.Longfellow.



             Traversing through  life, how often do we look back wistfully at our past and wish we could go back, wish we could live it all over again, just one more time?   Each time we witness the young around us enjoying life, enjoying their freedom and pursuing dreams with an enviable vigour, how we wish we could swap places! Sigh.

             A few days ago, I happened to have a chat with a 23 year old cousin. Excited about her future and the plans she had chalked out for herself, she had quite a lot to share with me. The sparkle in her eyes and the enthusiasm in her voice spoke a lot about how eager she was to embark upon the path she had chosen! Her enthusiasm was, indeed, contagious, for it left me yearning to turn the clock back and re-enter that age I left behind almost 2 decades ago.

          Were I to find Aladdin's lamp, I would ask the Genie to transport me back to the past I so wish…