Skip to main content

The BFF therapy.

           Yesterday, I had the most fulfilling time in the past couple of months. I met my best friend. And as it goes with best friends, she is one with whom I can simply let my hair down, and also my guard! It is human nature to portray ourselves as someone we are, actually, not. But, there are some  people in our lives with whom there is no need, whatsoever, to hide beneath a mask. And, our best friends are the only people that come under this category. And because these people make my life beautiful, I simply had to write about them!
         There are two such girls who fall into the above category. One, with whom I have grown up, lives in the US of A. We HAVE to write to each other everyday. Our respective spouses wonder what it is that we so need to discuss on a daily basis. Although I am very grateful to Mr. Mark Zuckerberg for bringing the world closer, I rue the fact that I cannot meet Pri as often as we did when we were kids. You are being sorely missed, Pri. But, I am happy for you. Be where you are!!
        Pri and I became friends quite unknowingly. We belonged to the same group in our dance class for 5 years before we actually came to know each other!  But, it was our Arangetram that brought us into each other's company. We hit it off from the word go! And, here we are today, 26 years later, comfortably ensconced in each other's lives, with no way out!
         Pri can read me like the back of her hand. I don't even need to open my mouth. One look ( when we used to meet earlier) and one word ( on FB messages ) and she knows my frame of mind. Well, not only my frame of mind, but also my contemplations, reach her faster than light! In spite of this, I know I need not be on guard. She accepts me the way I am -- no judgements passed.
       Ditto with this other girl, B. Bubbly is what I have named her for her cheerful demeanour, even in the face of a crisis. We have known each other since the last 15 years. We, too, hit it off instantly. And, she may not know, but I feel so safe when she is around. Her stature belies her gutsy nature. Thankfully, she stays close by. Actually, not as close as I would like, but close nonetheless. And that is such a relief! We can talk about anything under the sun. Anything. Our chats are those 'no-holds-barred' kind. Not only when we meet, but also our telephonic conversations can be real mood-uplifters!
       Spending  time with both these girls can be rejuvenating. So much so, that after I returned home last night, I found that while cooking some thing, hubby, by mistake, had spoiled a vessel -- burnt it completely. But, it had absolutely no effect on me! I told him to just chill and get another one. That's all! Why spoil my gorgeous mood and my beautiful day? Such is the effect BFF therapy has on my mind. And, I am sure, it must be the case with everyone around!
       I have heard that people come into our lives and then go away, just like seasons. I have experienced it, too. I did make some wonderful friends, who, because of some reasons, are no longer in touch. But, this for a fact I do know, that whatever happens, wherever I go, these two girls will be always there, with me, by my side. They are like the Pole Star. Steady. In one place -- my heart.
      I know, I could have expressed these feeling to them verbally. But then while doing so, I would sure have choked and that would have been too melodramatic! I don't want to see tears in their eyes. I want to see their happy smiles. And, thus this post.
      I still am in a state of  buoyancy, thanks to yesterday's rendezvous with Bubbly. Hope this state continues, undiminished!
      Babes, this post is just for you. You boost my morale, lift my mood, give me your shoulder when I need one  and give me tremendous happiness every time we have our  heart-to-heart chats.  I simply cannot imagine life without the two of you.
     Here's to my favourite girls and to our reviving therapy!
    Love you lots! 

Comments

  1. Honored to be one of them! Ditto to all that you said. I feel the same love and affection for you. Cheers to our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always awesome to have such friends that exude positive energy and happiness:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, indeed, a blessing to have such friends!

      Delete
  3. Hey- very well written post!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On love and attachments.

Learning to live without the person whom we loved more than our life is one of the toughest things we humans experience during our life.
Almost every moment of our day we spend in their shadows, enveloped in their love; we don't even realise when they became an extension of our selves. We come to accept them along with their flaws, their peculiarities, which often have the potential to drain us of our patience. Yet, we love them, unconditionally, at times wondering how we survived before they entered our world. Often, we also wonder how we will ever survive after they leave our world.

The human mind is such.  Its ability to give birth to a thought and then mull over it however unpleasant it may be, is quite baffling! We realise we stand to lose our sanity if we don't get rid of that negative thought; we understand how important it is to live in the moment and enjoy it with the loved ones we fear losing someday, yet we keep worrying ourselves to death about what would happen t…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

MOM - Film Review.

Starring: Sridevi, Akshaye Khanna, Nawazuddin Siddiqui.

Director: Ravi Udyawar

Music: A.R. Rahman.

Rating: 4/5


Because God couldn't be everywhere, He created Mother. A line from the movie, it could very well sum up the movie for you. Sridevi couldn't have chosen a better subject for her 300th film. I haven't been a diehard Sridevi fan, but her last film, English Vinglish, changed my opinion of her and that's the reason I simply wanted to see MOM, right on the day it released.

MOM is emotional; MOM is electrifying; MOM is hard-hitting; MOM is riveting, right till the end.  In short, MOM is Sridevi. This could very well be the review in a nutshell, but there's more I would love to talk about.

Devki Sabarwal (Sridevi) is a school teacher, the kind one can never mess with, whoever you may be. However, at home, she struggles to bond with her 18 year old step-daughter, Arya (Sajal Ali). The quiet acceptance and the sensitivity with which she accepts the cold vibes she r…