Skip to main content

The sound of music.

                As I sit facing my laptop, wondering what to write for the day, a beautiful tune wafts from the idiot box. For once, this 'box'  proves it can entertain, too!  I am listening to songs from yesteryear Hindi movies. The music, the lyrics, the actors of that era -- the golden era, as it is called -- ah! golden, indeed! Every night, after dinner, I switch on the TV and turn on  the channel that plays songs that truly entertain. 

        The music of those times was simply melodious. And such beautiful, meaningful lyrics, too, that expressed  emotions ranging from love for one's beloved to love for the country!  Devotional songs, love ballads, patriotic songs, soul stirring, emotional songs expressing sorrow...I could go on and on! But, if I keep going on, then I will be missing out on  the music that pulls me to it, that promises to charge up  my  humdrum routine, and give me some respite from the distressing complexities of life!

         Music has the power to enliven our lives, brighten up our moods and take us to a different level of ecstasy that no other mode of entertainment ever  can. So, go on, switch on your music systems , or the good old radio ( if you have one!), listen to some lilting melodies and feel your worries evaporate into thin air.

        That's all for today! The music has left my mind 'high' and dry!
NaBloPoMo November 2014

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On love and attachments.

Learning to live without the person whom we loved more than our life is one of the toughest things we humans experience during our life.
Almost every moment of our day we spend in their shadows, enveloped in their love; we don't even realise when they became an extension of our selves. We come to accept them along with their flaws, their peculiarities, which often have the potential to drain us of our patience. Yet, we love them, unconditionally, at times wondering how we survived before they entered our world. Often, we also wonder how we will ever survive after they leave our world.

The human mind is such.  Its ability to give birth to a thought and then mull over it however unpleasant it may be, is quite baffling! We realise we stand to lose our sanity if we don't get rid of that negative thought; we understand how important it is to live in the moment and enjoy it with the loved ones we fear losing someday, yet we keep worrying ourselves to death about what would happen t…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

A pleasant surprise.

Life does that. Springs surprises when you are least expecting any. And  you are left baffled, overwhelmed, ecstatic, and, surprised, too! You find it unbelievable that such a thing could happen with you. And, it takes a lot of probing and analysing to finally accept that something this unimaginable could happen to you, too!

              The above emotions are  what I went through when I received a message from the Manager of Baggout that my blog had been selected as one of the 15 best love and relationships blogs in India. I must have read the message 5 times and still found it unbelievable. In fact, I thought someone was playing a prank. I made enquiries, tried finding out all about Baggout and went back to where I was - in a state of utter disbelief! Call it low self esteem if you wish, but I wondered how  anyone could find my one and a half year old blog worthy of any such mention.

        The feeling was  good, nay, great. But, unless I saw it all in black and w…