Skip to main content

Lucky me!

                Couple days ago, I found myself down in the dumps. Figuratively, of course. Some words, spoken by a loved one,  hurt me badly. They may not have been uttered with an intention to hurt. Also, I may have been in a bad state of mind, for, I ended up bruised. It may have been the doings of my crazy hormones, that seem to be playing havoc with my mind, of late. Now, here is something I would like to ask my girlfriends, who have been through the forties, been there, done that. Do hormones really do that to you? At this age? Leave you all emotional, sentimental, extra touchy and vulnerable? 
            It is something that I really want to know. It sure will be a solace knowing I am not alone. Of course, I know I am not alone. Every one goes through this phase. At times, I wonder, am I nearing the big M?!  And, if I am, then, how long do I have to travel through this horrid phase? I really need all the help, the feedback, I can get. Because there are days when things are BAD!
       Okay, so, as I was saying, that is how I was, couple of days back. Depressed, disturbed, and feeling worthless; yearning to speak to  my best friends, who at that hour, seemed unavailable. However, as luck would have it. one of them was there, on FB. All I asked of that kind soul was to give me a pep talk, no questions asked. And, I got what I wanted! A few words uttered by my lovely friend, at the exact moment, totally changed my emotional state. I had a smile, coupled with a few tears of relief. I was overwhelmed! And, felt so lucky to have someone, when  I was in dire need. A big, warm hug  to you, P! 
       And, then I came across an apt quote, which I dedicate to all of my besties! 
    Here it is...



         And, then, I also came across another quote, posted by a fellow blogger, which seemed to be written and posted just for me!I have saved it, and am going to visit it every now and then. In fact, I think you all must save it and read it every time you are in the same position I was in -- down in the dumps! 
     Here it is...

          Today, I  got a call from another of my bestie, who gave me a piece of her mind, asking me to dump all the feelings of worthlessness in the garbage bin, pat my back, and move ahead, with a smile. And, I am doing just that. And, feeling so much better.
          And, thanking my lucky start, for blessing me with my 'darlings'! 
         


Comments

  1. we always tend to blame it on hormones, but that's not the case always. Talk, write... but don't ponder so much on it :)
    I totally loved the Hey You quote that Sid had shared. So uplifhting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raj! That is the reason why I wrote about it! :-)

      Delete
  2. I think mood swings are part of all our schedules and when they hit us, well, it's difficult to look up..But there are people , as you say, could be miles away but know what to say exactly to make us happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Naba, you are so right! And, I am so happy and blessed to have such people in my life.

      Delete
  3. Hope you are feeling much better now.... Yes sometimes the person who is miles away can make you feel a lot better than the ones who are seconds away !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia, I am feeling better now.

      Delete
  4. Those awful mood swings! I feel them too and know exactly what you are talking about. I loved that quote Sid shared as well, even copy and pasted it on my own wall and to my daughters. It was awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know you understand me, Kathy. And, yes, the quote is awesome!

      Delete
  5. We are all here for you, Shilpa. Forever and for always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shilpa, hormonal changes or not, focus on what you want as you will create with your mind your circumstances. And know that there is someone even thousands of miles away to support you wherever you're at! ;) Love that quote! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elly! I will remember your words...

      Delete
  7. We all go through these phases - no matter which age. Glad you were able to find some comforting words and inspiration to get back to your normal cheery self.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The motherhood challenge.

            A  few days ago, a dear friend of mine wrote a touching post disapproving the 'motherhood challenge' that has been going viral on Facebook. Motherhood challenge is all about women posting pictures with their children and tagging other women, who according to them, are 'awesome mothers'. But, my friend felt that by adding the words challenge and dare,  they were drawing a divide between themselves and others who weren't blessed enough.  I was touched by her views that defended women who might feel marginalised by such a challenge, although that might not be the motive behind it at all.
          Wonder how many women would feel the way my friend did! How many of the 'blessed ones' try and understand that behind such decisions might lie a reason, a helplessness that gives a woman endless pain? We haven't chosen to stay childless because of a lack of fondness for children. There were reasons and circumstances that stood in the way of us holdin…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

How I wish I could turn back the clock!

"Youth comes but once in a life time!"
               ___H.W.Longfellow.



             Traversing through  life, how often do we look back wistfully at our past and wish we could go back, wish we could live it all over again, just one more time?   Each time we witness the young around us enjoying life, enjoying their freedom and pursuing dreams with an enviable vigour, how we wish we could swap places! Sigh.

             A few days ago, I happened to have a chat with a 23 year old cousin. Excited about her future and the plans she had chalked out for herself, she had quite a lot to share with me. The sparkle in her eyes and the enthusiasm in her voice spoke a lot about how eager she was to embark upon the path she had chosen! Her enthusiasm was, indeed, contagious, for it left me yearning to turn the clock back and re-enter that age I left behind almost 2 decades ago.

          Were I to find Aladdin's lamp, I would ask the Genie to transport me back to the past I so wish…