A few words of praise and encouragement can make our day, lift our morales and fuel our enthusiasm like nothing else in this world. Words have that power. And, when spoken with love and affection by friends from the blogging community, they can bring that much needed cheer and warmth to our hearts. And, that's exactly what happened the other day, when my dear friend, Shantala, informed me that she had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. It does feel great to be appreciated for our work by members of our community. In fact, it can be a great morale booster!
Thank you, Shantala, for the nomination! I am touched and honoured!
What is a Versatile Blogger Award?: The Versatile Blogger Award is given in recognition for great commitment, diverse talents and generosity shown by bloggers of our community. It is a great motivation and a celebration of their work in the blogosphere.
Display the award on your blog.
Thank the person who nominated you.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate up to 15 blogs.
Link your nominees' blogs and let them know.
So, now, rule number 3 -
7 facts about myself:
1. I began writing just a couple years ago, but had been fantasising about it since more than a couple decades!
2. I completely believe in the saying, 'Birds of a feather, flock together.' And, that is so, because I, being an introvert, am slow at making friends; but, whenever I do make a friend, 9 times out of 10, she/he turns out to be my mirror image.
3. I happen to be very moody, which comes in the way of my work quite often. But, I forgive myself with the excuse that artists are moody people! It is also the reason why I have been so late in writing this post, and in thanking Shantala for nominating me! Apologies, Shantala! :-)
4. I have made more friends through blogging in the past 1 year, than I did in my 10 years of schooling, 5 years of college life, or several years of service.
5. Over the past two years, I have become so passionate about writing, reading and sketching, that these are the things that help me retain my sanity, or should I say, these are like my oasis in the midst of the chaos that life can prove to be.
6. I have read somewhere that it is advisable to keep certain facts about yourself secret and not disclose them to the public. And, here I am, sharing 7 facts about myself with the world!
7. I have often dreamt of receiving awards and making a speech thanking all and sundry for helping me reach the pinnacle of success. Well, here I am, although not on a podium, with a mike in hand, but typing my acceptance speech. Something is better than nothing!
Phew! That took some doing, but now it feels great!
Now, for the nominations: I have found many a blogs very impressive, and I have come away enriched and entertained, and thus would like to nominate these for the award. Though, I must admit, the list has been pared down quite a bit as there were some who have already received the award.
Friends, keep blogging and stay happy!