Skip to main content

The Versatile Blogger Award.




                 A few words of praise and encouragement can make our day, lift our morales and fuel our enthusiasm like nothing else in this world. Words have that power. And, when spoken with love and affection by friends from the blogging community, they can bring that much needed cheer and warmth to our hearts. And, that's exactly what happened the other day, when my dear friend, Shantala, informed me that she had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. It does feel great to be appreciated for our work by members of our community. In fact, it can be a great morale booster!
         
               Thank you, Shantala, for the nomination! I am touched and honoured!

                What is a Versatile Blogger Award?:  The Versatile Blogger Award is given in  recognition for great commitment, diverse talents and generosity shown by bloggers of our community. It is a great motivation and a celebration of their work in the blogosphere.

               The Rules:
                Display the award on your blog.
                Thank the person who nominated you.
                Share seven facts about yourself.
                Nominate up to 15 blogs.
                Link your nominees' blogs and let them know.

                So, now, rule number 3 -
                7 facts about myself:

                1.   I began writing just a couple years ago, but had been fantasising about it since more than a couple decades!

               2.   I completely believe in the saying, 'Birds of a feather, flock together.' And, that is so, because I, being an introvert, am slow at making friends; but, whenever I do make a friend, 9 times out of 10, she/he turns out to be my mirror image.

              3.   I happen to be very moody, which comes in the way of my work quite often. But, I forgive myself with the excuse  that artists are moody people! It is also  the reason why I have been so late in writing this post, and in  thanking Shantala for nominating me! Apologies, Shantala! :-)

             4.  I have made more friends through blogging in the past 1 year, than I did in my 10 years of schooling, 5 years of college life, or several years of service.

             5.  Over the past two years, I have become so passionate about writing, reading and sketching, that these are the things that help me retain my sanity, or should I say, these are like my oasis in the midst of the chaos that life can prove to be.

             6.  I have read somewhere that it is advisable to keep certain facts about yourself secret and not disclose them to the public. And, here I am, sharing 7 facts about myself with the world!

             7.  I have often dreamt of receiving awards and making a speech thanking all and sundry for helping me reach the pinnacle of success. Well, here I am, although not on a podium, with a mike in hand, but typing my acceptance speech. Something is better than nothing!

            Phew! That took some doing, but now it  feels great!

            Now, for the nominations:  I have found many a blogs very impressive, and I have come away enriched and entertained, and thus would like to  nominate these for the award. Though, I must admit, the list has been pared down quite a bit as there were some who have already received the award.
         
Cat Graham
Red Handed
Anju Gupta
Shilpa Garg.
Carol Graham
Usha Menon
Chicky Kadambari

          Friends, keep blogging and stay happy!
         


Comments

  1. Yay! I was looking forward to this one. It was great reading more about you, Shilpa. :)
    And hey, it (your blog) is very much a podium with the world as your audience. So take a bow lady, for a very well deserved award and a great acceptance speech. :D
    Keep writing and rock on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shantala! Thank you for the award and for liking my speech! I take a bow! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! You inspire me .. Iam extremely new to blogging .. but people like u inspire new people.. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the award. You are truly versatile, Shilpa. Your sketches are AMAZING! Good to know a bit about you. And thanks for sharing this award with me. Truly touched and honoured ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shilpa! You deserve the award, too, for the seasoned style of expressing your views, and at the same time making it all seem so simple!

      Delete
  4. Hearty congratulations for the Versatile Award. You really deserve the Award. In such a short period you have achieved a llot and made a name for yourself. I am thankful to you for nominating me for the award. Thanks a ltot Shilpa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Usha ji! We get our inspiration from you! :))

      Delete
  5. Interesting what you said about birds flocking together as you and I often find similarities! Thank you for honoring me with this award. That was so kind. I have shared it and hopefully will be able to complete it soon but 15 bloggers is a lot to come up with -- will do my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol you could nominate as many bloggers as you wish.
      Waiting to read your post! <3

      Delete
  6. Hi Shilpa- can you believe it- just read your nomination today!!!
    Am I still eligible for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, busy bee! You are eligible for it😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

How I wish I could turn back the clock!

"Youth comes but once in a life time!"
               ___H.W.Longfellow.



             Traversing through  life, how often do we look back wistfully at our past and wish we could go back, wish we could live it all over again, just one more time?   Each time we witness the young around us enjoying life, enjoying their freedom and pursuing dreams with an enviable vigour, how we wish we could swap places! Sigh.

             A few days ago, I happened to have a chat with a 23 year old cousin. Excited about her future and the plans she had chalked out for herself, she had quite a lot to share with me. The sparkle in her eyes and the enthusiasm in her voice spoke a lot about how eager she was to embark upon the path she had chosen! Her enthusiasm was, indeed, contagious, for it left me yearning to turn the clock back and re-enter that age I left behind almost 2 decades ago.

          Were I to find Aladdin's lamp, I would ask the Genie to transport me back to the past I so wish…

The motherhood challenge.

A  few days ago, a dear friend of mine wrote a touching post disapproving the 'motherhood challenge' that has been going viral on Facebook. Motherhood challenge is all about women posting pictures with their children and tagging other women, who according to them, are 'awesome mothers'. But, my friend felt that by adding the words challenge and dare,  they were drawing a divide between themselves and others who weren't blessed enough.  I was touched by her views that defended women who might feel marginalised by such a challenge, although that might not be the motive behind it at all.
          Wonder how many women would feel the way my friend did! How many of the 'blessed ones' try and understand that behind such decisions might lie a reason, a helplessness that gives a woman endless pain? We haven't chosen to stay childless because of a lack of fondness for children. There were reasons and circumstances that stood in the way of us holdin…