Skip to main content

#WIN15 - A day to remember.

            Becoming a member of Blogadda would bring about a change in my life, is something that I had never imagined. It has its reasons. I was new to the world of blogging, had no idea what I would blog about and had not an inkling what prompts were! On top of that, I also had no idea that there are awards for blogging, an event which I would get to attend one day and meet my favourite bloggers! Yes, thanks to Blogadda, I did get to meet some amazing writers and read their blogs and learn so much from them. And, thanks to Blogadda, I also attended the most amazing awards ceremony ever!

        The awards function was, frankly, something I wasn't keen on attending, thanks to the blues. But, one phone call from a Blogadda team member made me change my mind in a jiffy! I decided to attend the event, after all, and drive those nasty blues away. Was I glad I attended the event! I finally got to meet my favourite bloggers from my blogging group, The  BAR! People I had met online, read their work and learnt from them were there, standing with me, chatting like old friends. It sure was an exhilarating experience.

     Then, there was the venue. Well, I should have mentioned about it earlier in the  post, but I got carried away thinking about my  blogging idols! So, a venue as opulent as The JW Marriott Sahar had to be special. And pampering the bloggers seemed to be the plan for the day! Team Blogadda  had it all chalked out in collaboration with The Marriott. Lavish spread of a thousand varieties of breakfast and lunch and snacks; the most talented  guest speakers to give us some valuable lessons on blogging, and of course, an electric emcee of a guy, Siddharth Kannan,  to engage the audience with his wit and high spirits! What more could one ask for?

       The guest speaker I truly enjoyed listening to was, of course, Natasha Badhwar, who conducted an interactive session on creative writing. She spoke about how we could express our ideas fearlessly. And, also, Ajay Jain, the debonair travel blogger, who showed us how we could travel the world and earn from blogging about it! Fun, right?! There were others, who also enlightened us with their knowledge, passed on valuable information that could help us in honing our talent and gaining from it, too. There was Lakshmi PraturyRezwan IslamSruthijit KK from The Huffington Post, Ashok Lalla, and many more. Thanks to these greats, we came away with a lot of information we fail to find elsewhere.

      The very motivational talks left me impressed. It made me take a step back and give considerable thought to my blogging style, and come to a conclusion that I need to bring a fresh change to my writing. Who knows, one day I might end up on that stage to receive an award for my blog! Wishful thinking, eh? Well, I would call that positive thinking. But, that is what Blogadda has done for me. Change my perspective and give me the strength to make a wish for something I haven't wished for.

      My writer friends Sid BalachandranVidya Sury and  Sakshi Nanda who won the prestigious awards that night made it all the more memorable, making it a happy moment. Happy and full of hope! Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I couldn't wait for the release of the book, Game of blogs, by Suchitra Krishnamurthy. But, I did see the pictures and read about the finale on Dr. Roshan Radhakrishnan's blog, Godyears. It sure was a classic finale!

      So, first of all, cheers to Team Blogadda for arranging and managing such a fantabulous event - The #Win15 blogging awards (which was trending on twitter at no. 1)! Second of all, thank you to you all at Blogadda, for making my day special. And, thirdly, well, some pictures I managed to click at the venue. There are just a few pictures, as I really couldn't take my eyes off of anything. Star-struck that I was that day!
                                                           
THE cake!
     
Before the show began...
Me and my BAR mates.
The emcee, SID K.








































                 So, these are  some sweet memories of the biggest  blogging event of the nation, The Blogadda Win15 Awards! Waiting for next year. Already! 

Comments

  1. Sounds like it really was a fun event, Shilpa :) Am so glad you had fun! Yes, may you soon be up on stage to receive an award too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure was a fun event, but you were missed....yes, you were....
      And, thank you so much! I really hope I make it someday! :)

      Delete
  2. It seemed like a grand celebration Shilpa :-)..
    Dropping via blogadda after reading their post on #win15.
    Have a great day ahead .
    Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great celebration, Sweety!
      Thank you for visiting! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On love and attachments.

Learning to live without the person whom we loved more than our life is one of the toughest things we humans experience during our life.
Almost every moment of our day we spend in their shadows, enveloped in their love; we don't even realise when they became an extension of our selves. We come to accept them along with their flaws, their peculiarities, which often have the potential to drain us of our patience. Yet, we love them, unconditionally, at times wondering how we survived before they entered our world. Often, we also wonder how we will ever survive after they leave our world.

The human mind is such.  Its ability to give birth to a thought and then mull over it however unpleasant it may be, is quite baffling! We realise we stand to lose our sanity if we don't get rid of that negative thought; we understand how important it is to live in the moment and enjoy it with the loved ones we fear losing someday, yet we keep worrying ourselves to death about what would happen t…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

How I wish I could turn back the clock!

"Youth comes but once in a life time!"
               ___H.W.Longfellow.



             Traversing through  life, how often do we look back wistfully at our past and wish we could go back, wish we could live it all over again, just one more time?   Each time we witness the young around us enjoying life, enjoying their freedom and pursuing dreams with an enviable vigour, how we wish we could swap places! Sigh.

             A few days ago, I happened to have a chat with a 23 year old cousin. Excited about her future and the plans she had chalked out for herself, she had quite a lot to share with me. The sparkle in her eyes and the enthusiasm in her voice spoke a lot about how eager she was to embark upon the path she had chosen! Her enthusiasm was, indeed, contagious, for it left me yearning to turn the clock back and re-enter that age I left behind almost 2 decades ago.

          Were I to find Aladdin's lamp, I would ask the Genie to transport me back to the past I so wish…