Skip to main content

My anchors.

               At times, when I reflect upon my life and count my blessings, more than anything else, I thank God for the people I have been blessed with. Along the journey of the past 4 decades, I have met some very special people, who have become an integral part of my life. And, these people are not just friends I met, but also those who are my own flesh and blood.
            My mother, to begin with, is my soul mate, my best friend and my anchor. She is the one, who, with her unconditional love and support, stands firmly by my side, offering advice when I need it, shielding me from any bitter moments that threaten to come my way. I, for sure know, that I can't exist without her. I am, after all, her reflection.
        The same holds true for my life partner and a few very close friends, whom I met in my childhood and  in my adult life. These people have stood by my side, silently (and at times, vociferously) defending me and the choices I made, lifting me when I stumbled, and  giving me the much needed strength beneath my wings.
        The list of my anchors would be incomplete if I failed to mention my son, Chikoo. His love and his unwavering belief  that I will always be by his side, gives me strength to further enhance myself as a human being. Life would seem incomplete without all of these wonderful souls!
       We all need such anchors, to support us during the countless storms that wreak havoc on our lives from time to time. They offer us respite from the harsh times we face in life by lifting our morales; their objective criticisms helping us give a fine chiselling to our rough edges. I wonder what sort of humans we would have been, had we been bereft of these anchors. I know, we would be lonely, desperate souls, tottering around aimlessly, trying to make sense of this mysterious thing called 'life'! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On love and attachments.

Learning to live without the person whom we loved more than our life is one of the toughest things we humans experience during our life.
Almost every moment of our day we spend in their shadows, enveloped in their love; we don't even realise when they became an extension of our selves. We come to accept them along with their flaws, their peculiarities, which often have the potential to drain us of our patience. Yet, we love them, unconditionally, at times wondering how we survived before they entered our world. Often, we also wonder how we will ever survive after they leave our world.

The human mind is such.  Its ability to give birth to a thought and then mull over it however unpleasant it may be, is quite baffling! We realise we stand to lose our sanity if we don't get rid of that negative thought; we understand how important it is to live in the moment and enjoy it with the loved ones we fear losing someday, yet we keep worrying ourselves to death about what would happen t…

You are The Man!

I admit, I am late in discussing this event, but did you watch the controversial 'Koffee with Karan' episode, two weeks ago? The one where the ubertalented Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan were Karan Johar's guests on his famous couch, sipping coffee along with him? Did you notice Kangana's confidence and her sassiness?   Do you remember her repartees, her jibes, her ripostes that were well-aimed at Mr. Johar? How fearlessly she spoke her mind without mincing words! And, she was in conversation with one of the Big Daddies of Bollywood.

I confess, I am an admirer of Ms. Ranaut, and I was blown away by her candour. The fact that she gave two hoots about diplomacy, and about the men in power in the hindi film industry,  shows how self-assured she is. She wasn't born into the industry, with a silver spoon; she entered the industry as an "outsider", who, despite being written off by the industry bigwigs, worked her way up the very competitive ladder, right to…

MOM - Film Review.

Starring: Sridevi, Akshaye Khanna, Nawazuddin Siddiqui.

Director: Ravi Udyawar

Music: A.R. Rahman.

Rating: 4/5


Because God couldn't be everywhere, He created Mother. A line from the movie, it could very well sum up the movie for you. Sridevi couldn't have chosen a better subject for her 300th film. I haven't been a diehard Sridevi fan, but her last film, English Vinglish, changed my opinion of her and that's the reason I simply wanted to see MOM, right on the day it released.

MOM is emotional; MOM is electrifying; MOM is hard-hitting; MOM is riveting, right till the end.  In short, MOM is Sridevi. This could very well be the review in a nutshell, but there's more I would love to talk about.

Devki Sabarwal (Sridevi) is a school teacher, the kind one can never mess with, whoever you may be. However, at home, she struggles to bond with her 18 year old step-daughter, Arya (Sajal Ali). The quiet acceptance and the sensitivity with which she accepts the cold vibes she r…